Monday, November 8, 2010

1 Month to go!

Bacteria: 1            Andee: 0

Even the illnesses are sketchier in St. Kitts!

Last weekend and the entirety of this week Andee was quite the sicky!  After his 2 Block exams on Monday, we made a trip to one of the Doctors in St. Kitts.  Forgetting that we were not in Canada, I assumed that we would be able to waltz into a Doctor`s office, get a prescription for antibiotics 10 minutes later, and be on our way - this was not the case.  Luckily, my neighbor reminded me that an appointment was needed, and also offered to drive us there and back!  What a good neighbor!  The appointment was over an hour long, but was surprisingly extremely thorough and informative.  Such irony that it would take coming to St. Kitts for a Doctor to properly diagnose Andee`s sickness, that being strep throat as opposed to a sinus infection.  Strep throat, sinus inflammation, and a lower respiratory infection later, we ended up with antibiotics and an antihistamine.  However, the antibiotics took longer than usual to start working, and Andee spent the next 3 days lying and sleeping on the couch, blowing his nose every 10 minutes.  Poor sick Andee!  In other ironic news, Andee managed a 96 and 98 on his block exams!  Maybe he should be sick more often!  I suppose it should look more like this...

Bacteria: 0           Andee: 1

So, just when I`m starting to hate St. Kitts a little less, the government implements a new and improved way to annoy me - the VAT ``Value Added Tax`` or as we like to call it, ``Very Annoying Tax``.  This new tax adds 17% on everything, because everything is already so cheap here......   So an extra $40 EC was added to my grocery bill this week.  How I look forward to stuffing my suitcase with Dollerama and No Frills goodies from Canada!

On Friday after grocery shopping, Emily and I went for a swim in her pool, and I tragically forgot to bring my camera!  Photo shoot to come!

Saturday, after our weekly Dragonball-Z Kai mini morning marathon, paired with a scrumptious breakfast, UMHS hosted ``Sunfest``, a mid-semester beach party for all the medical students and their families!  Since Andee hadn`t seen the sun in approximately a month and a half (a true story), he is currently just as pasty as those of you reading from Canada!  An spf 60 beach day after a week of sickness was just what he needed to get back on track!



Saturday evening was another infamous Girls Night at the Blue Martini!  Yay for free drinks and great company!



On Sunday I wasn't feeling well myself, so I had a relaxing day at the beach with Steph, followed by a Mexican Fiesta Bible Study in the evening!  It was delicious!!!

Today is November 8th, which means that I leave for Canada in EXACTLY 1 MONTH!!!! (or 30 days to be more specific)  I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited to come back to civilization for a whole month and to see everyone!  St. Kitts may have great weather, but Canada has everything else!  GET OUT THE WINTER COATS!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. how did we forget to get golf-cart photos of the 6 of us on girls night? only on st. kitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha
    andee is so pale beside you di!
    your one friend in the photo with the drinks looks like the old april in highschool eh?

    yaaatyyyyyyyy that youll be home in a month! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete