Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just a typical week in St. Kitts!

So everyone knows that I am a tad bit obsessed with pictures, (a lot bit) and that Andee is not nearly so thrilled when I force [necessary] photo shoots, so I was notably shocked to find these pictures of Andee at school.  Unbelievably, these were taken without my prompting!  Amazing!  He also looks happy to be at school...must have been taken early in the semester!



This week has consisted of Indian food, beaches, pools, and a whole lot of studying...what else is new!

Noone can seem to resist the lunch special at the Star of India, because we somehow end up here about once a week!  It makes me too hungry to look at these pictures for long periods of time, so it is time to move on!



Wednesday I went to the Marriott beach with Emily for some relaxation! (you know, because I am normally so busy)  We then split a delicious Marriott wrap with fries, and I reunited with my favorite part of St. Kitts, the Marriott Kitty!  He enjoyed some of my chicken, and I enjoyed stalking him with my camera!  A little skinnier than I'm used to, but equally adorable!



Thursday was our weekly pool day, held at our condo complex, except this time i brought my camera!  Not as large a crowd as usual, but still lots of fun!


Recently, our debit cards have not been working properly, often leaving us in a pinch with no cash and an inability to pay for important things such as rent and groceries.  Finally, after a couple months of this nonsense, we learned that a hold had been placed on our account.  So on Friday, with $10 EC to my name, I was finally able to take out cash on my first try!  PTL!  One less sketchy thing to worry about in St. Kitts!

Friday evening, a few of us got together to play Phase 10!  It of course reminded me of the cottage, and so I was quite content with my last place finish!


Saturday I went to the beach, and was glad we left before we got stuck in this!


I was also able to skype a family party from home!  It was so great to see everyone!  Very excited for Christmas get-togethers!  Tomorrow is Sunday, and I am singing on the worship team this week, as well as bible study in the evening.  Just a typical week in St. Kitts for these two newlyweds!

Andee has block exams on Monday, and so has been studying the entire week.  He is a good boy and studies hard, hence my need to get out of the apartment and hang out with the girls! 

And now, for my favorite blog segment!  While vocalizing my need for an 'Only In St, Kitts' photo while in downtown Basseterre, my neighbor reminded me that the green water running beside me was indeed NOT normal, and so should be photographed immediately!

                                                    Only in St. Kitts


Hope you have enjoyed the blog!  Countdown: 25 days!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Phase 10. It was good seeing you today on Skype from the Family Party :) See you soon!!! Girls Lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see and talk to you on Skype today.
    Oh, the green water, better than brown.

    ReplyDelete