Monday, November 22, 2010

A Date with my Husband!

Lucky me!

After 3 months of marriage, I forced my husband into going on a date with me, because Andee spends 99% of his time studying.  Since we have had no money for the past, oh I don't know, forever, we aren't used to actually going on planned dates.  Turns out, warm weather, a beach, the ocean, and a 5-Star resort really make for a fun and inexpensive date!  It was nice to spend some time with the hubby outside of our apartment for a change!

Andee's contribution to the blog:  "We are coming to you from the future!!"
Translation:  St. Kitts does not use daylight savings time, and so we are now 1 hour ahead of our Canadian readers!  It doesn't really affect much, however our weekly television shows are now an hour later than usual, and for those of you who know me, a show that should start at 8, and is now starting a 9, will probably get ignored or slept through.  Fortunately, I just download anything I miss!

Tis the Season to be stealing - seriously, the holiday season in St. Kitts is the peak season for crimes.  Apparently us "rich North Americans" are prime candidates for break-ins and robberies.  Of course, Kittitians are completely ignorant to the fact that most of us are on student loans and a stolen laptop would be detrimental to our budget!  Please be praying for the students and tourists in St. Kitts as we go through this 'joyous' season.

In lighter news, I visited the pool and the beach a lot this week, every day in fact!  I also watched some movies with friends, and random hangouts with the spouses!  Oh the joys of a lack of a work visa on a tropical island!


On Saturday, I attended a pretzel party for Jakki's birthday!  The girls did all the fun work of kneading the dough and making fun pretzel shapes, while we left the cooking to the boys.  I made a heart shaped pretzel especially for Andee!  Mmmmm delicious!




I sang at church again on Sunday which seems to be a weekly occurrence!  I am so glad that the church let me be a part of their team!  Just think of all the amazing worship, learning, fellowship, friends, and fun I would have missed out on had God not led us to this amazing church!  Sunday was also the last day of this semester's bible study, and as a conclusion celebration the girls prepared "Breakfast for Dinner", quite possibly one of life's greatest occurrences!  Words cannot describe the level of excitement experienced to partake in this amazing feast of breakfasty goodness!

Countdown:  16 days!  Get ready for MCDONALDS!!! 

And now for your enjoyment...

 Only in St. Kitts

 

8 comments:

  1. all the talk of pretzels, breakfast for dinner, and McDonald's has made me hungry... thanks.

    but the good news is... we have an indian restaurant with in walking distance now!! if only they had a lunch special...

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job changing the setting... now it is easy to leave comments... and the most fun part... is trying to figure out who leaves the "anonymous" ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *easy instructions on how to post comments on a blog*

    1) under my blog post written in blue it says "comments" -- click on that
    2) then a text box appears... this is where you write your comment
    3) then there is a drop down called "comment as" -- choose "Name/URL"
    4) type your name in the "name" box --- click "continue"
    5) click "post comment"

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA!!! Take notes all! I'm putting this in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pretzels remind me of FUNNEL CAKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG
    HHAHAHAHA
    what is thhat thing on the beach? Only in St. Kitts. I am so excited to come visit. Once I am no longer poor. The good news is that Trevor seems to be hiding money in my room so if he keeps that up ill be there in no time!
    Yay a date for hubby and wife! That pretzel made my mouth water.
    Excited for you to come home.. McDs is calling your name .. Also KFC. and Wendys and a Deep and Delicious Cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially loved your heart pretzel for Andee, Di! And I'm so glad to hear that you love your new church and are able to share your beautiful voice with so many people. I will definitely keep you in my prayers through the holiday season that no break-ins occur! Love you and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies together with bring are already your joint points which in turn won't be split while in any moment. There are anything else which in turn add volume to your bring involving ladies. Considered one of your many proper points is usually a Moncler UK, who've been recently well known being a pretension in a very widespread technique. The year the year 2010 is usually a make innovative craze, in pattern that will desire to their eyes moncler jackets, together with is as well 12 months which in turn your tellurian monetary scenario together with your eventuality seemed to be hauled gloriously revealed. The particular growth together with distribution involving make innovative struggle in fact involving Moncler cloak Furt uncover some-more admiration, clapping together with shifting. That will experience your the year 2010 together with sought rsther as compared with Moncler, Moncler nevertheless sport for just a crack. Currently is usually a occasion to build your electricity together with share your pleasure, together with currently your make innovative spectator seems Moncler coating, moncler number when jackets, pockets, Moncler Baby Snowsuit, Genuine Religion denims together with alternate string.

    ReplyDelete