Saturday, November 27, 2010

American Thanksgiving

This week has gone by surprisingly fast!  I guess it's all that daydreaming of Canadian normalness and the hope of seeing Family and Friends that I have missed for over 3 months!  Thank goodness for Skype!  

Unfortunately, when trying to even out my tan for the big trip home, my pasty Canadian skin was quick to burn without dousing myself in 60 SPF sunblock!  You see, I tend to spend most of my time outside lounging in the shade, to avoid such painful and inevitable burns!  And up until now, I have done a pretty good job of maintaining brown, but not red skin.  Apparently, after living in the Caribbean for over 3 months, spending 2 hours in the sun is still too much for me! I suppose that secretly I was preparing for my moment of glory when I, for the first time, am the brownest member of the family!  Be prepared!!

Besides daydreaming and burning, a mellow week of beaches, pools, evening ocean chats, and blogging has ensued.  That is with the exception of American Thanksgiving!! 


Andee decided to stay home on Thursday in an attempt to "keep the blinds closed, watch the parade, make Thanksgiving stuff to eat, drink hot chocolate and pretend we're in North America" - a wonderful idea!

That evening, we attended a huge Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our church!  It was potluck style, and included 3 turkeys, 3 tables of sides, a massive dessert table, and well over 100 people!  My first American Thanksgiving was a success!  I will definitely partake in years to come!  And you know what that means.....2 Thanksgivings!


A quick and cheesy overview of what I am thankful for: Skype, Canada, UMHS, Health, Friends, Family, Andee, and of course and especially Jesus!

I would also like to thank everyone for taking my extremely obvious "hint" of leaving comments on the blog!  Let me tell you, my spirits rise with every new comment posted!  It is nice to know that the blog is being read and appreciated, and I hope it is (almost) as much fun to read as it is to write!

Andee has Block Exams on Monday (what else is new) and Finals in about 2 weeks.  Then he too will be heading home for the holidays! 

Countdown: 11 days!  Get out the Long johns!!

7 comments:

  1. What?! I didn't get a shout out in the "thankful list?!

    It's one thing to forget about me.... but you forgot '10 second timer' too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Americans really take their Thanksgiving seriously. I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be thankful that you weren't here at 8:33 a.m. this morning....SNOW!!
    It's gone now and we'll do our best to keep it up north (way, way, up north) where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Diana

    Great Blog Diana. Anne Compton should not have scared you off by talking about that 4 letter word..... S S S SN SN SN SNO SNO SNOW!!! It only lasted a short time.

    So you think you may be the brownest one in the family eh? Maybe the "redest" one!!!! Ha Ha lol

    I'm going to decorate the house on Dec. 5th, but I will leave the tree for a FAM JAM decorating date. I think you'll bet excited when we drive you home from the airport and you see our street decorated with all the Christmas lights!!!! Dad put up the outside CGristmas lights!!!!

    You're Thanksgiving celebration looked great!!! I'm sure you're planning a 100 person get together party for Dad and I when we come in February eh? lol

    Keep blogging!!!! We are off to church to see Baby Brandon get baptised.

    Will talk to you tomorrow morning on dkype!!!

    Love You

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to "comment" again, cause i'm still not sure how to dof this. Sometimes it works,,,, and sometimes it doesn't. I love the pictures Diana. Hey... why r u wearing a long sleeved shirt? Aren't you in St. Kitts?

    Can't wait till you come home!!!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY DEE! Ah my first comment. Sorry it's taken this long. I'm a bum. Anyway, your thanksgiving looked amazing! I'm sure your mashed taters were an epic hit as well. I Love and miss you so much!!..but you already knew that.

    Well I've been in my basement aaaaaall summer and fall so potentially.....you might be darker than me!!!

    Can't wait to see you in person:)

    Love
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who are you? And why do I keep getting links to this blog in my facebook news feed??
    KIDDING!
    This blog is so entertaining..such a great idea!
    Also, this blog made me want Thanksgiving again.
    I hope your "spirits" have "risen" with this comment. :)

    P.S. It's in the computer...

    ReplyDelete