Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goodbye October!!

While making Andee come with me to get laundry because it was dark out, we came across an interesting Halloween creature that someone in our complex had created!  We have lovingly named him Pineapple Jack-O-Lantern, or PJ for short.  I tried to 10-second timer the occasion with both Andee and I in the picture, but alas, I could not.  So here is the picture we came up with!


On both Monday and Saturday I went to the St. Kitts movie theater and saw "Life As We Know It" and "The Social Network".  Both of the movies were very entertaining, and admission and popcorn are surprisingly much cheaper than at home!  **The only thing in St. Kitts that is cheaper than in Canada.  However, the theater was kept so cold, that even wearing every warm article of clothing that I brought was still not enough to keep me warm!  It was almost as if I was back in Canada, minus the ever-popular portable heater and of course, Snuggie Snugs.

Tuesday to Friday were pretty standard, if you exclude the fact that we found mold in our air conditioner, had someone "fix it" (which is Kittitian code for being lazy and doing nothing), and then Andee and I having to dismantle it and clean it ourselves.  Other than this, however, a pretty normal week consisting of pool time, Indian food, grocery shopping, and skyping; you know, the usual.

Andee has 2 Block Exams on Monday, and so he has been studying away!  To make things just that much more frustrating, he developed a sinus infection yesterday and is having a lot of trouble both studying and staying awake due to the copious amounts of antihistamines.  Please keep him in your prayers!  Poor sick Andee :( 


Saturday evening a few of us hung out at Kristen's bar, I mean apartment.  We enjoyed the "Fall" weather outside that is only present during a hurricane threat...oh St. Kitts!  I still need to tip our talented bartender!


Sunday evening I went Trick-or-Treating with some of the spouses and their kids!  It was nice to experience a "normal" North-American event, but with weather that allows for costumes that aren't disguised by winter coats! And of course I had to dress up!




To put us in the Halloween mood, a somewhat "Fall" looking sky amidst the palm trees!  St. Kitts really is such a beautiful place!  If it weren't for the overall sketchiness of the island and its inhabitants, I would absolutely love it here!


And now, a new addition to the blog (Andee's idea) which was started last post.  Let us introduce to you the "Only in St. Kitts" segment of our posts, which shall include pictures of scenes, products, events, etc. of things that would only happen in St. Kitts!  To enlighten you on the joys of St. Kitts living, Andee and I have established the catch phrase "everything is sketchier in St. Kitts."   We hope you enjoy the sketchy randomness that we almost consider to be normal, one photo at a time.  So here it is...please note the price tag.
                                                     Only in St. Kitts


Countdown:  5 and a half weeks, or 37 days until home time!!  Get out the scarves!!


5 comments:

  1. Totally feel for ya on the sickness + studying, Andee. Mine won't go away. :( Good luck on block exams.

    I <3 PJ btw. I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally have that same Jergen's handwash... bought in St. Kitts... only my price tag reads $7.34! ha ha ha.... how is that for extra sketchiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda says: Hi Diana, I really enjoy your Blog,
    Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha i love reading you blogs Di!
    I miss you and i realized i quite miss andee. Cause i get to skype you all the time but andee is so darn busy that i barely get to talk to him! I'm praying that he gets better and is able to study study!
    The only in St. Kitts is going to be the highlight of my life until you come home. Funny idea (good one andee)
    Di your halloween costume turned out awesome! I love homemade stuff! I loved whoevers kid dressed up as elmo.. so cute!
    Miss you
    keep on posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! thank goodness someone can relate about making Halloween costumes to fit over a snow suit!

    ReplyDelete