Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bunco, Blue Martini, and Blogging

Hello again from Diana!

I have been waiting for some finishing touches to our apartment before I posted pictures!  There are still a few things that need to be done, but I decided to take pictures anyways!  Not too bad considering what it looked like before!  Enjoy!


So I decided that I don't hate St. Kitts as much as I thought I did, it really is a beautiful island and the opportunity that Andee was given to study medicine is so great!  Andee and I have also made some great friends on the island from the Medical School and from the Ross Vet School, and are slowly getting used to St. Kitts living!  I also really enjoy blogging!  It keeps a good record of our journey in St. Kitts, and allows others to keep in touch!  I also like writing, and having an ongoing project!

Andee has his Anatomy Block 2 exam tomorrow, and so I have been keeping busy as to not bug him while he is trying to study!  He is such a dedicated studier!  I am so glad that God has allowed me to help Andee through this difficult time, and also that I am the helper, and not the student!  I guess we all have different strengths!  Andee and his studies are pretty much an item now, so I have made sure to keep busy and hang out with the girls!  It is kind of fun being a desperate housewife, especially because we all pretty much have no lives (well...myself more than others, as I have no kids to take care of)  There are also a lot of us that live close by with not much to do, and so we are all free to hang out together! 

So now for a play-by-play of my week!

On Monday, I was just praying that God would allow my desires to match up with his, and that I would learn to actually want to be living in St. Kitts.  God is often pretty obvious with his love for us, and as I looked outside I saw a beautiful rainbow!  It brightened up my whole day, and was a great start to a much better week!


On Tuesday I went to the beach with Kristen and Emily!  We enjoyed the beautiful weather, the beach, the ocean, and of course a little help from The Original Magic Fingers. (Random guy that gives massages with Aloe Vera...pretty sweet)  It was a beautiful and typical St. Kitts style day!

On Wednesday Kristen took me to downtown St. Kitts for her to look for matching photo shoot outfits (haha) and for me to get some much needed apartment stuff!  We went to a cute restaurant that was new in town, but were a little disappointed with our $12 nachos with Doritos in it.  We learned our lesson, and will next time stick to what we know and get the Star of India Lunch Special!

On Thursday, it was the weekly Spouses Pool Day at our condo!  Lots of fun in the sun and pool related fun!

On Friday, Emily took me grocery shopping and to a hardware store to look for some more apartment stuff.  We surprisingly found everything I was looking for, including the much needed CLR for our shower head!

Friday night we had an event-filled Girls Night at the Blue Martini!  It is so nice to go out with all married girls!  Kristen and I joined the band, and a crazy guy yelled at us and chased us for helping out his poor wife....fun times!


Saturday night was Halloween Bunco at Janae's!  Another girls night filled with Fall or Halloween related treats and fun prizes!  I made Halloween Ghost Brownies!  OoOoOoOoOhhhhhhhhh! (spooky Halloween sound)  Too bad I spent most of my time at the losers table!  But no worries, it was a very fun night!  Following the games night, a Halloween Miracle took place and it was actually a "cool" night!  Spooookkkyyyyyy!


So today is Sunday, and I am going to attepmt to make spinach, cream cheese, and bacon stuffed chicken...that is if the grocery store permits!

Countdown: 45 days, or just over 6 weeks, until home time!  Get the winter boots ready!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Diana....you are doing just great in St. Kitts. Know how I know? 'Cuz every sentence ends with an exclamation mark!!!!!
    We'll be getting our winter boots out before the 45 day mark, but with any luck it will only be for WARMTH and not SNOW. (You know that white stuff that falls from the sky???)
    Tell Andee that Bruce has some MOOSE meat for him. Yes, you read that right, after his Thanksgiving comments he got some moose meat from Newfoundland and we are having that with our Christmas turkey!
    Lots of Love, Auntie Anne and Uncle Brue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diana
    I am going to be super jealous of your tan when you come home. I am as white as the ghosts on your brownies. That is all. :(
    xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start at UMHS, a st. kitts medical school in the fall, so I really enjoy reading about your experiences on the island. It is really helping to give me a better idea of what my own time on the island will be like.

    ReplyDelete