Friday, February 4, 2011

No Boys Allowed

Due to the quickly approaching Block 1 exams, Andee has been a little preoccupied with, well, Medical School.  Long days and nights filled with school and studying allow for very little fun!  But don't worry, I got in enough St. Kitts for the both of us!

All the desperate housewives are in a similar position, with their husbands studying away, and so we organized lots of Girls Nights, Days, and Evenings to keep us busy!

The first of our endeavors involved the "Dance Central" video game, some desperate housewives, and some "friendly" rivalry!  I thought I was really good until I realized, after watching a video of myself, that I still needed a lot of practice before I could confidently challenge anyone to some real competition!


We also engaged in some weekly trivia, which has conveniently moved to Bamboo Lounge, within walking distance of our apartment!  Another plus - the brand new Indian Restaurant upstairs that provides Specials just for trivia-goers!  Perfect!

Friday was the first anniversary of Bamboo Lounge, and so we had a fun-filled night out with the girls....and virtually every student living on the island!  It was crazy packed, and all the students had one last night out before block exams!  Where was my Andee?  Studying hard like the dedicated student he is!


On Tuesday Kristen and I decided to act like tourists and visit Frier's Bay and Shipwreck Beach, a popular tourist spot that is known for its beautiful beaches, amazing snorkeling, a hangout for monkeys, and a great place to get lunch!  Seems that we had forgotten that St. Kitts is so awesome!  All of this amazingness is literally minutes away from our apartment, and for some reason we tend to stick with places within walking distance.  We vowed to do this way more often, and really enjoy our time on St. Kitts for what it is....a 16 month vacation!


Yesterday was Kristen's Birthday, which of course involved an entire day of celebrations!  Our first stop, Cockleshell Beach, consisted of 1 free basket of fries, 2 free pizzas, and 8 free drinks, along with a the entire staff singing "Happy Birthday" with a custom-made birthday pizza!  Turns out the owner really loves birthday girls!  Lots of sunshine, snorkeling, and beaching, but the fun wasn't over yet!


Our next stop, Reggae Beach, was quite an interesting series of events.  When attempting to drive into the parking lot, my neighbor Janae accidentally drove us into the sand!  You think driving in the snow is hard, try driving in the sand!  30 minutes, a truck and a chain, the St. Kitts military, and a donkey ride later, we were finally back on our way to our beloved Crackhouses!  Yes, all of these things legitimately happened, and we have the pictures to prove it!

That evening, we went out to Cathy's Restaurant for Kristen's Birthday Dinner, followed by some dancing at Shiggity Shack!  It was a beautiful "cool" night, and we certainly celebrated Kristen's birthday in style on the island!


Much of this week has also been anticipating my parents arrival in T-minus 9 days!  I am sooo excited to see them and for them to see St. Kitts!  WOOHOO!!  Put away the snow shovels and get out the beach towels!!

7 comments:

  1. It seriously has been so funny here lately. Haha! Thanks for the complete rundown, love it. You are such an awesome friend to have here, thanks for moving to the crack houses with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) thank you for always having your camera around to document our lives

    b) thank you for allowing me to scream "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" about 400 times yesterday

    c) thank you for posting this blog. now i don't have to write one... i will simply put the link to your blog on mine. ha ha

    and

    d) you must promise that you will attempt to ride a donkey on your birthday too... i think it is only fair we keep that a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...... what a funny blog!!!! A donkey.... "It's just too out there"

    I want to go to ALL those places you mentioned in your latest blog. Hey..... do you think we could tell all of your desperate housewives friends that's it's "My birthday" while we're down there. lol

    I especially like the photo of you showing the Carribean and Pacific Ocean. (just like in the "top 10 places to go" I want to get a pic up there too!!!

    We leave on Friday the 11th of Feburary..... but we don't see you until Feb 13th!!! lol

    Bathing suits are packed!!!!!

    Can't wait!!!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does "No Boys Allowed" still hold for next week when your Dad arrives? You can find something interesting for him to do that involves the monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg a donkey ride?? hahaha that's amazing!!! I need to come to st kitts just to ride a donkey. Yes I realize there are donkeys here but just the fact that it's in st kitts makes it better.
    That little monkey is so cute! I want one!
    I'm jealous of your snorkelling adventure. Don't tell your parents, but I may or may not be in one of their suitcases when they get to st kitts...
    Also, are you drinking a BEER in the last pic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA I knew someone would make a beer comment...I told my St. Kitts friends that no one would believe that!
    It's actually a "Ting" which is a grapefruit pop, but it looks like a beer in that picture! Thank you for being predictable and awesome! I will try to sneak back a monkey for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Pics Diana…It looks like you are having a ball down there.

    I can’t wait to see the “Awesome St. Kitts.”

    I hope my tour guide is up to it. (That’s you). I plan to PARTY!

    I want to do EVERYTHING in your BLOGS, in just 7 Days!
    Food, Entertainment, Monkeys, Catamaran…You name it, Mom & I are game.

    Are you ready??? Let’s get it on!!!!!!

    My snow shovel is already put away and my sandals are dying to be worn.

    See U soon…..DAD

    PS
    I have decided to enroll in medical school, just so I can have 16 months in PARADISE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete