Sunday, February 20, 2011

More Birthdays!

Yes, I am a week behind in blogging.  The arrival of my parents has put a minor holdup on my consistent blogging; but don't worry!  I am back in the swing of Island living, which of course includes weekly blog updates to my Canadian, American, and Kititian (and Semi-Kititian) readers!  This week, I will be posting two blogs only 1 day apart to make up for lost time!  So enjoy today's update, and be sure to read tomorrows!

So, as promised (to Kristen) I am continuing the birthday blogs packed with friends, fun, and of course, tons of pictures!

On Monday, Kristen celebrated her birthday (again) with all of the students that missed out on the earlier celebrations due to Block Exams.  We all headed to the Beach House, where (of course) Kristen was able to get us all free birthday champagne and a special birthday dessert just for her!  Her birthday was celebrated (again) in style with yummy drinks and appetizers, followed by some dancing and chatting at Kristen's Bar.  Happy Birthday Kristen!!


But not all of the festivities could be reserved for Kristen, and so we celebrated her husband Shawn's "Dirty 30" Birthday on Saturday!  The celebrations started with a timed "Photo Scavenger Hunt" with various photo opportunities throughout Frigate Bay!  Although our team (consisting of Andee, myself, Janae, Brigett, Jimmy, and their two kids Cortney and Parker) did not win, all of the teams were extremely creative, and everyone had a great time taking hilarious planned photos!

Entire team in a taxi
Entire team jumping - everyone must be in mid-air
 Entire team in a boat
              Team member pole dancing           Entire team "I can't believe we all fit in there"
 Entire team jumping

Four of us girls were "judges" for the scavenger hunt photos, but most of our job was looking cute in our judging outfits!  Haha!

After the scavenger hunt, some sling shot launching of water balloons at the apartments next door was the highlight of the evening, as well as lots of fun activities and friends!  Another successful Birthday Party!  Happy Birthday Shawn! 


The rest of the week was spent at the beach with friends and in the apartment with Andee!  A couple 'friends of friends' came to visit, and so it has been a very eventful couple of weeks for this Desperate Housewife of St. Kitts!  


On Sunday my parents finally arrived to St. Kitts!  However, I promised them a separate lengthy blog chronicling the week in its entirety, complete with way too many tropical pictures!  So stay tuned for yet another blog tomorrow!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha the pic of a team member pole dancing. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my birthday could be every month. Although... I think I may be alone in that wish. I still can't believe you managed to attend all of my celebrations. Good thing Andee studies a lot!

    Thanks for writing the blog... my people appreciate it I'm sure. ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..... that was a long (but great) blog. I wish I was there to celebrate Kristen's party. Actually, I wish I was just there!!!! You "desperate housewives" sure have fun.

    Janis

    ReplyDelete