Monday, January 24, 2011

Yes, My Husband is in Medical School

It is officially busy season in the Caribbean, which of course includes our beloved St. Kitts Marriott.  Students have been getting 'kicked out' (asked to leave) on numerous occasions, even though students contribute tons of money every day buying food and drinks galore!  However, there is an upside to busy season - there are steel drums every weekend in the afternoon, and Zenway Blvd (our street) is just overall a more exciting place!  Also, Andee and and I have befriended the Marriott workers and have been deemed "Regulars" by our favorite Towel Hut worker, who scores us Marriott towels so that we blend right in with the tourists.  By the way, I did indeed 10-second timer this picture.


Andee and I also discovered that the Marriott is home to many cute cats that mostly come out at night due to the incredibly hot sun during the day (jealous?).  They are used to people feeding them on a regular basis, and so are very friendly and affectionate.

Puurrrrrrfect


Andee and I also took a trip to Port Zante and Downtown Basseterre, which is currently full of lots of cruise ships and tourists.  Isn't it great having a car!?  Now if we could only get the headlights working and drive it at night...

"Canada House"
Mountains
Cruise Ship

The desperate housewives have established "girls nights" on Tuesdays, as well as "trivia nights" on Thursdays.  This week we saw a movie, and next week we are playing a dancing video game with Wii at Janae's house.  Looking forward to an embarrassing and hilarious time!


This weekend we celebrated a couple birthdays of fellow students which led to a night out, some Euchre (Canadian Style), and a Beach Party!  Of course we killed it with Euchre (haha), and had a great time hanging out with friends and definitely not studying!  P.S. Have you noticed all the pictures of Andee this time around?  I think he has finally given in to the fact that good pictures make for a good blog!  And that everyone loves to see pictures of my future MD having fun in the Caribbean....even while in Medical School!

Birthday Girl
 Bamboo Lounge and Beach Party
 Girls
Canadians
 
Ocean Fun

Today (Monday) has been on and off raining all day, and so Andee and I got out our umbrellas and took a few pictures by the ocean!  A "wintery" day in St. Kitts!  Fortunately, we got back just in time, as it is currently pouring!  I suppose I really can't complain, it is still well above 20°C in the good ol' Caribbean!




Block exams are coming up fairly soon for Andee, in about 2 weeks, and so I will soon start having to entertain myself!  With lots of great neighbors, great weather, worship team, Bible study, girls nights, 10-second timer, photo shoots, making yummy food, and of course, blogging, I should be able to keep myself busy!  And Andee is still able to make lots of time for me despite his busy school schedule, which I am grateful for!

We are also preparing for the arrival of my parents in less then 3 weeks!  I am so excited to see them and to show them around the Island and what we do for fun!  And I'm sure that they will be even more excited to be leaving the current -20C Canada weather and entering into Tropical Paradise! (Ok, so I am exaggerating a little for dramatic effect)  We have lots of fun things planned for them, as well as lots of beach time and relaxing!  Get out the sunscreen!!

On a final note....
Only in St. Kitts

6 comments:

  1. diana... seriously you are cracking me up with all the 10 second timer pics...

    i'm excited for your parents to come too! they are gonna love having you for their tour guide... (and yes, i'll be prepared to give you directions wherever you are trying to go... ha ha)

    i haven't seen any photos or mentions of indian food lately... which can only mean.... it's time to go to star of india!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana

    Great Blog again, as usual. The pictures are so great.... I love the photos of......

    "The Desperate Housewives"
    Lots of Andee and you
    The Marriot weather sign
    All the beach pics

    I'm so excited to come and visit. I can't wait to see a cruise ship up close and personal. I wonder if they would let us go on the boat for atour?

    Those cats are cute too. I noticed something missing in your pictures..... you always have photos of food.... and there was none this time. I guess you've been eating lots of your Canadian food that you brought from home eh? lol

    I'm glad that you guys have a car and can tour around a little more. Don't go see to much.... wait until Dad and I come.

    Keep on searching for "hot music spots" for Dad to visit.

    TTYL
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diana…This Blog is fantastic!... with plenty of PICS. I can’t wait to hear the Steel Drums and the other music you have planned for us. Kitty especially likes the numerous cat pictures in this Blog….He said this Blog was purrrfect. That weather station … PRICELESS! The Pics of you and Andee together look really cool … especially with the backgrounds of the ocean and mountains. It looks so beautiful there. Save some sun for us, we will be there soon.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all
    dear st kittys:

    JUST KIDDING! that was the joke in last blog all my dear ________

    seriously though why cant helen keler drive?
    and try to find my id.

    but about the blog: i am really jealous of your weather because today is was -5 i believe and when someone asked me about the weather while i was picking at their teeth i said wow im so impressed, its really warm out today.... :{

    also the st kittys are soooooo cute. mom forgot to feed kitty today at 4 so when i got home at 6 he was so soft and furry and cute and cuddly!

    I love all the 10 second timer photos. SO PRETTY!

    Also who is the girl with the white bathing suit. IT IS AMAZING! steal it for me! Its like a one piece but not really, ver ver stylish.

    Im glad you befriedned the mariott people :)

    Also work is annyoing because my shifts keep getting shotened because of the cold weather.. lame.. but my mondays at jujus kind of help make up for it.. i think im going to fix up my resume and go job hunting soon :)

    Moral of that story is that i dont work tommorw (wed) until 4 so ill be on skype all day to chat:) then i dont work fri, but i work sat 8-1ish and then i dont work sun mon tues and then wed at 230ish .. maybe later... so ill be a big lazy bum cause trev works all those days... keepme skype company?

    MISS YOU :) i am not even saying that.. i do miss you because i need someone with no life back here to hang outwith me and watch hanz montanz and all that fam channel shiz :)

    <3 much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. something you shouldn't miss about canada: awkward convos with strangers in elevators about the weather.

    StrangerGuy: "cold out there, eh?"
    Me: "yeah... -20... pretty cold."
    StrangerGuy: "mmhmm."

    *awkward silence, pray for elevator to reach floor faster*

    ps. andee, you are white. bring a textbook outside with you every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Diana: Your mom and I are having a contest (she doesn't know it yet) to see who can get browner this February. She will be one week in St. Kitts and I will be two weeks in Nicaragua. She will be lying around in the sun and I will be working in the sun. She will be drinking pina coladas on the beach and I will be eating rice and beans in the shade. I would like to win this contest, so please keep her in the car as much as possible.
    Love Auntie Anne
    P.S. Your wonderful sister is looking after Riley so be extra-special nice to her!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete