Monday, January 10, 2011

"Canada...Cool Country Eh?"

For those of you who did not see my Dad on Christmas, the title phrase of this blog was proudly displayed on his hoodie, complete with a polar bear wearing sunglasses...perfect.

Although we tend to be the brunt of American media jokes, I can proudly say that to me, Canada is the best country in the world!  Why do you say?  Here is an example!  When arriving home to Canada, I obliviously walked right into a middle aged man, who quickly turned around and apologized.  That's right.  I walked into him, and he apologized to me.  We could use a few more Canadians in St. Kitts!

And now, a play by play of Diana and Andee's Canadian Visit!

On December 8th, I left the warm but sketchy land of St. Kitts to start my month long "vacation" back to Canada!  The problem: I had to leave Andee to fend for himself for a whole week during Final Exams.  It did not go over well.  He ended up losing 10 pounds and was also very stressed and sick.  Turns out he really does need me in St. Kitts!

Upon my arrival into the Toronto Airport, I was greeted by some very impressively dressed family members that were very excited to see me!  And boy was I excited to see them!  Probably because I knew that the next stop was MCDONALDS!! (Just kidding...but seriously...we got McDonalds)  A very exciting and delicious first night back!


 Next, the original Aldridge Family traveled to Niagara Falls for a mini holiday!  It was so wonderful to spend time with the Fam Jam, even though the weather was a shocking -21C (-6F).  However, not even this terrible, cold weather could prevent us from taking one great picture with the falls!


 Thank goodness everything else in Niagara Falls is available indoors!  Indoor Waterpark, Great Canadian Midway, Museums, Mini-Golf, Skywheel, and much more!  And don't worry - we took tons of pictures!


 Our Canadian Christmas Celebrations were also a success, filled with lots of Family, Friends, and Food!  Andee and I were very happy to be able to spend Christmas back in Canada with loved ones, as well as enjoying all the Canadian Winter related activities such as wearing my winter coat and mittens indoors.  Oh Canada!


The remainder of our time was spent working (for me) relaxing (for both Andee and I) hanging out with family and friends, and eating way, way, way too much fast food!


And to finish off our All Canadian Blog Post....please enjoy!

Only in Canada (or North America) can you take a picture of a McDonalds from within a McDonalds...yeah, that's right.


Oh, and in case you were wondering, we did indeed make our connecting flight from Toronto to Miami, despite an hour and fifteen minute delay to "de-ice".  Our luggage greeted us there one day later, and Andee has successfully registered and attended his first day of class as a Med 2!  We celebrated with some quality beach time with just the two of us.  Semester 2, St. Kitts, here we come!!

6 comments:

  1. Your family seems awesome! I love the welcome outfits they were in, that's a lot of love! Glad to have you two back on the island, only one more year left!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyyyy
    good blog.
    Oh Canada.
    it misses you already.
    Tomorrow ill skype you to tell you all aboot my shift at julians. :)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you Diana!!!
    I loved the blog!!!!!
    Great Pictures!!!!
    Can't wait to see St. Kitts!!!!
    I am going to get browner than you!!!!

    Love Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Blog.
    Love The Pictures!!!
    Neat Chess Board!
    You almost had me believing that Canada was where it's at but...
    Your last beach picture got me!!!!
    I can't wait to visit you. The weather looks HOT!
    See you soon.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun trip home! The beach was great yesterday. I even got a little sunburnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Canada...cool country, eh?" should be COLD country!!! Big dumping of snow today. It was great to see your trip home all laid out in pictures. And the last two pictures...makes us wish we were coming to St. Kitts with your parents!
    Good luck to Andee for Semester Two!

    ReplyDelete