Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Merry Christmas From St. Kitts!!


One last blog before I make my way home!

To set the record straight for the last blog, I posted pictures to "represent just a handful of things I am looking forward to", meaning I did not include everything or everyone, or the blog would have never ended!  However, I wanted to include a photo of something that was forgotten on the blog, but is definitely something that is missed!


On Friday night I went out with a couple of the girls!  One more Blue Martini girls night before we all scatter back to North America!  The Marriott was filled with Christmas decorations, we found a giant leopard shoe, and we definitely had a lot of of fun!


On Sunday, a few of us went to Shipwreck Beach to have a bite to eat and enjoy the beautiful St. Kitts weather.  I was told that there are often monkeys around this beach, but assumed that they would be hiding up on cliffs or quickly running by.  Nope.  There were at least 10 monkeys about 2 feet from us at any time!!  You could almost touch them!  It was the cutest and most amazing thing ever that would really only happen on a tropical island!  Weirdly enough, I forgot my camera (what was I thinking?) but was relieved to find out that my neighbors were thoroughly prepared.  Great Caribbean music and monkeys accompanied our dinner, and the view was absolutely amazing!  A must see when traveling to St. Kitts!


When I arrived home from the beach, Andee and I heard a weird noise coming from outside.  After a moment of tentative listening, we soon realized that what we were hearing were fireworks!  Turns out that fellow students were celebrating their graduation with a beautiful display of fireworks that could easily be seen from our balcony!  A perfect ending to a great weekend!  


Monday was spent eating Indian, shopping at Port, and hanging out with my Hubby!

Today will be a day of packing, cooking lunches for Andee, and dreaming of McDonald's, as well as spending some time with Andee before I leave for home!

Tomorrow is HOME TIME!!  WAHOO!  SO excited to see everyone!

As a final thought, I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas from St. Kitts!  To my Canadian Family, I will see you very very soon!  To my St. Kitts Family, I will see you next year!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ST. KITTS!!!

8 comments:

  1. ha.. the christmas pics are great! i can't believe you got andee to wear the hat for multiple pictures! haha!!

    hope you enjoyed your last indian meal of the year yesterday... my mouth is still on fire... and i'm still full!!

    and i totally forgot about the leopard shoe! haha... where is the picture of our "fantasy wedding rings?" that lady really wanted us to get out of the shop so she could get back to her crossword puzzle. i think we'll have to visit her more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana,I can't wait to see you tommorrow. Unfortunately, MacDonalds has gone out of business. Yes beleive it or not all one hundred million locations.Go Figure...

    The monkeys are so cute. I can't wait to see them in person. Also nice shoe!

    See you tommorrow...DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha Ha LOL. I'm not at all miffed that the cookies take priority in the photo and that Auntie Anne is smaller, after all, most of your blogs are about FOOD!!! The cookies are waiting...wait....Riley!!!! Get out of there!!!
    Sorry Di. I hear "President's Choice" makes a half decent cookie....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Di, I'm not sure how you made the chocolate chip cookie to look like Auntie Anne, but I'm impressed, even she can't make people cookies. You'll have to give her the secret when you're home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHA BRUCE. so funny.

    first of all. shut up monkeys.

    LOOK CA, MONKEY (said is Su voice)

    Second, yum auntie anne cookies.
    third, best christmas photo ever. Me and trev are going to take one dressed as santa and an elf.. join?

    SEE YOU TOMORROW SISSTAAA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe flight home, Di! Can't wait to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of Anne. See you tomorrow. Hope you don't miss us at the airport. MacDonalds is waiting for you!!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha I love how the giant leopard shoe is just tossed in there nonchalantly.
    Also, the comments are almost as entertaining as the blog! Such a funny family :P
    See you soontimes!

    ReplyDelete