Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Island Hygienist

Guess who just landed a part-time Dental Hygiene position in Nevis?  Why, that would be me!  After realizing that I'm not the greatest Dental Assistant (an understatement) and not accepting the Assisting position, a Dental Hygiene position has just opened up!  It is one day a week, Wednesday mornings from 9-1, and I will be taking the Ferry weekly to St. Kitts' Sister Island of Nevis!  So now I can tell people, "Oh yes, while my husband was in Medical School in the Caribbean, we lived on one Island and I traveled by boat to work on another Island."  God's plan gets more and more exciting by the day!  I start the job when we get back from our Canadian trip in May, and because it is only one day a week, it won't interfere with my rigorous beaching and tanning schedule - Ha!  God is Good!!


In my transition to becoming a good Wifey to my Hubby, I'm attempting "inexpensive and delicious" meals for dinner!  I went Ukrainian this week and made a cabbage roll casserole, and Andee wanted a picture of my efforts!   Nom nom nom!


As per usual, the DH's and I enjoyed lots of beach and pool time, soaking up the sun, and relaxing!  And as usual, it was tons of fun!


This week also involved 2 impromptu bonfires/cookouts!  The first, a Family Beach Cookout, involved spider wieners, marshmallows, and lots of friends!  St. Kitts weather is totally amazing, and it was indeed a great evening!  Oh, and Andee came too! *gasp!*  It was awesome to spend some time with the Hubs!


The second bonfire included lots of friends, lots of food, and lots of fun!  We made amazing smores, and ate way too much!  Sounds like a great night to me!


It is getting closer and closer to break time, which means that Canada has very limited time to get well above freezing for good!  I will not be pleased if I have to drag out the winter coats in late April!

Countdown:  23 days!  I have been craving a McChicken for weeks, and am planning on yet another McDonalds stop straight from the airport.  Perf.

13 comments:

  1. I suppose you expect me to believe that that beautiful dish is really a cabbage roll casserole. I fell for that once before and actually believed you made “Cup Cakes” It’s just too out there.

    Great news regarding the Dental Hygiene job… Taking a boat to work. Awesome!

    Today, it’s above freezing…Actually it is 7 Celsius and climbing.

    Sorry to break the bad news to you but…

    MacDonalds has been bought out by “Shigigty Shack.” They are now serving Mc- Lobster with Curried rice.

    See you in 23 days.

    PS
    As always…FANTASTIC PICTURES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rasta D will be so happy with her mickie d's that Rasta D will not realize she is freezing to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana

    A poem for you....


    Diana, you have become a good
    Little wife…. It’s true
    Making all of those delicious meals
    While keeping your tan up too

    As usual, you haven’t let
    You’re enjoyment of the sun fade
    But I sure wish you would consider
    Our lives I think we could trade

    Spider wieners, campfires….
    Sounds like so much fun
    But I’m glad you’re still consentrating
    On being a pretty beach bum!!!


    Even though you’re so busy
    With you’re “Desperate Housewives” friends
    I think it’s about time
    for this poem to end

    Congrats on the Dental Hygiene job!!!!
    I actually think I need a cleaning,,,,, can you put my in for May 20th!!!! (I’ll be needing a weekly cleaning….. so I may have to move to Nevis)


    Love you, Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job Diana! All the best to you both once again! Hope to see you guys when you get back...Double date?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have checked the BLOG rule book. According to
    Section 42b, subsection 18c, paragraph 2...And I quote:

    Poems are not considered as elegible for an official Blog comment.

    The Management

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA! These blog comments are too much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations again on the job in Nevis. I am *so* excited for you. One of these days, I may tag along and hit the beach while you're at work. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Job Andee for working so hard so far
    We love you

    Love JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Diana, that is great news about the job!!! But I think I will pass on the cabbage roll casserole. You said Andee wanted a picture "of your efforts" but notice he didn't say it was good! Just saying! :-) What a good husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm!! This blog is really cool, I’m so lucky that I have reached here and got this awesome information.DDS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will prefer this blog because it has much more informative stuff.personal cash loans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the entire information you have given here to impart knowledge amongst us?Business

    ReplyDelete