Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Coveted Bottle of Rum!

So, as most of you by now know, I have been attending a weekly trivia night at Bamboo Lounge every Tuesday.  Our team, to put it nicely, while full of excited and energetic members, has never won a game....that is until last night!

With the arrival of Abby's guests, we beat the second place team by a long shot - something that has consistently been dreamed about, but has never came to reality!  Our little trivia team has finally won the coveted bottle of rum and "frog of knowledge" - and we have the pictures to prove it!


The rest of the time since my last blog has been very typical. (and so blogging will most likely become a little less consistent for a while, until something really exciting happens, such as trivia)

Sunday - Church and Bible study
Monday - Laundry and beach time
Tuesday - Trivia
Wednesday - Worship practice
Thursday - Laundry, pool day, and grocery shopping
Friday - Sometimes we go out
Saturday - Relax

The rest of the days are filled with tons of beach time and pool time, making lunches and dinners, practicing worship songs and reading Bible studies, hanging out with Andee (ha - just kidding; he is in medical school), hanging out with friends (there we go), and doing whatever else is required of a desperate housewife!

Andee has Block Exams on Monday, and also the following Monday.  And then consistently every couple weeks until the end of the semester.  I just calculated for the first time this semester the amount of days left until our visit back home, and only because I was curious how 3 sets of blocks could possibly fit into the remaining time left in the semester.  To compare, last semester I poured over my calender and could tell anyone at any time the exact number of days until my return flight back home.  In case you are wondering?  It's 50 days tomorrow.  Other fun facts about our flight?  We arrive home on Good Friday, and Andee is secretly hoping American Airlines messes up our flights and puts us up in a hotel so that we can attend the Rockies vs Marlins Baseball game in Miami.  It's a win-win I suppose!

Conclusion?  I love St. Kitts!  There, I said it!  I love wifely duties, I love tropical weather, I love my St. Kitts friends, I love the Crackhouses, I love Bible Study, I love Worship Team, I love trivia, I love the Marriott, I love the beach, I love Andee, and I love love love Jesus!

And the best part?  I love Canada too!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Trivia win...I wish I could have witnessed it personally. What a team!!!!

    What a contented girl you are. BUT

    I love the Crack Houses??? I am sorry, for legal reasons alone, I cannot admit to even knowing you!!!!!

    See you in 50 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of LOVE!! So glad things are going well :) Looking forward to seeing you in April <3

    p.s. LOVE your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crack houses, I hope your doing some type of ministry there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did Dad post a comment before me? He must have done it at work!
    Wow!!!! You finally beat those brits at their own game eh?
    I'm so glad that you admitted it..... admitting, is the first step..... "You love St. Kitts" lol

    I wish that Dad and I could come back.... We;ll keep buying the lottery tickets!!!!

    I want to be a desperate housewive!!!!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Frog of Knowledge????????" Mind explaining??????

    ReplyDelete