Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back in the Same Time Zone!

I'm feeling quite content these days, which yes, can usually be attributed to warm weather and a lack of working, but more so because I have finally let go of my deep rooted anxiety related to major change.  And of course I will still start to sweat a little when major changes are about to take place, and will probably require a (lengthy) adjustment period, but I believe that through a newly acquired faith in the will and plan of God, I finally understand the necessity and wonder involved with these changes.  God has recently pushed me forward in a positive way and has increased my faith more than I have ever experienced before.  And the blessings he has poured out to us on this little Island are nothing less than incredible.  Our God is truly indescribable, full of power and wonder, and full of compassion and blessings.  He is patient when we fall, and encouraging when we persevere.  Basically I am just very joyful of the amazing work that God is doing in the lives of Andee and I.  So in a nutshell... "You can't take my Joy Devil!" - Kirk Franklin 

And now, for your amusement (ok, for my amusement), a collection of photos depicting the last couple weeks of the Real Housewives of St. Kitts!  Enjoy!

One night, as our husbands were all busy studying, we quickly decided to have an impromptu Karaoke Night!  When it comes to karaoke, I have no shame, and so some embarrassingly hilarious songs and dancing were performed!  


On Friday, a few of the girls headed out to Bamboo Lounge for some chatting and dancing!  Mixed drinks are only $5 EC (about $2 US) which is perfect for cheapos like me!


In housewives news, I decided to attempt meatloaf only to discover that we do not own a loaf pan (oh St. Kitts) and so Andee and I had a brilliant idea to make meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting!  They were both cute and delicious!  We enjoyed them so much that I told the other wives, who then made them for their husbands!  The hubby's were certainly eating well this week!


I also decided to make my first ever pie!  (And by I decided, I mean that Andee bought pie filling and pie crust mix and I took the hint)  It was a little interesting due to my lack of skills and our lack of a pie tin, but overall, not too bad!


Worship team has become a weekly occurrence, and so I decided to have Andee take a quick picture of us when it was my turn to host practice!


Recently, thanks to our new friend Catherine, some of the girls have started to learn the art of "crafting".  This week, Catherine (being extremely patient with us newbies) taught us to make a necklace and two flower hair clips!  They are perfect for the Caribbean and are a lot of fun to make!  I'm sure there will be much more crafting to come!


This Friday we celebrated Janae's Birthday in style with some games, cake, dance video games, and dancing at the Blue Martini!  In the words of Catherine: "Last night was fun/crazy/weird!"  Sounds like a good birthday to me!


This Saturday was Sunfest, the UMHS mid-semester beach party at Cockleshell Beach!  Unfortunately, Andee and most of the other Med 2's didn't make it out to the beach due to their looming Genetics Shelf and Final Exams on both Monday and Wednesday.  Not to worry, there were plenty of girls there for me to hang out with!  And Andee and I will be sure to make up our beach time when exams are finished!


Let's start the countdown until our return to Canada!  According to my calender, only 40 days left!  Time sure flies when you are having fun (or studying like a maniac!)

P.S.  Due to Daylight Savings today, we are now in the same time zone as our fellow Canadians!  See you all soon!

5 comments:

  1. I suspect that you can start to earn money by publishing your own St. Kitts Cook Book. I mean, meat loaf cup cakes with mash potato frosting......only in St. Kitts and Canada you say. Can't wait for the taste test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40, 39, 38, 37 …Yes, I am already starting the countdown. We can’t wait to see you guys again.
    I love how you improvise. “Meatloaf Cupcakes”, Who would have thunk it!
    As usual, the pictures are FANTASTIC!!!
    Glad to see that you are using you music talents for Church as well as good times at the Karaoke party.
    Mom will certainly be signing up for craft lessons from you when you get back.
    The Banana Boat picture…PRICELESS! This pic should be on a vacation magazine.
    36, 35, 34, 33……See you soon….

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You can't take my Joy Devil!" - Kirk Franklin
    hahaha
    that kind of makes me want to dance… or maybe it makes me want to clap my hands… and STOMP.
    Wow I don’t know where that came from

    Karaoke Night….i DEMAND a Karaoke Night in ajax (at our house or att a pub) when you get home… I DEMAND IT.

    Meatloaf cupcakes lmao.

    Mmmm that pie looks yum |(even tho I don’t like) .. good presentation I’d say

    I have also joined a weekly bible study. It is great. Wednesday nights at 7:00. We are currently covering “Discerning the voice of God” trying to figure out what God is trying to say to us… it’s a good one cause I want to listen more (cause we all know I can talk – chatty cathy)

    CRAFT QUEEN IN ST KITTS! – how lovely
    I’m still trying to make a craft with the dental stone and alginate 

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Janae … my girl  long live the pumpernickel tree lmao

    BANANA BOAT! BANANA-NA-NA-NA-NA!
    Ps. You look tan and pretty 

    Miss you and Andee!
    Ice cream date when you guys get home!

    Lovage!
    DHS4L
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I remember a certain girl being tooooooooo shy to get up and sing in front of her aunts and uncles!!! And now.....!!!!!

    Lunch date when you get back!

    Your Mom needs more craft ideas!

    Missed you at the birthday party! We sat around all afternoon and stared at the blank computer screen. :-(

    Keep on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diana.

    How sure look like you're having "CRAZY FUN"

    Boy..... the comments are just as funny as your blog!!! How can I possible compete with all those funny comments?

    I think that I;m going to have people over and serve meatloaf pie. I will call it "The Diana"

    I think that Bruce had a great idea.... make a cook book. Call it "Cooking..... only in St. Kitts" Hmmmmm, Andee's always looking for a paten. lol

    We can't wait to see you. I wish that the weather would be nicer when you come thou.... oh well..... "Only in Canada"

    Only in Canada.....

    "No snow in March Break" lol

    Love ya diana

    Keep taking care of Andee!!!!

    Mom xoxoxoxo

    Well Diana, I should call you "bree Hodge" after seeing that pie picture. You're giving her a run for her money! The writers of desperate housewives have called, and want you to be on the show!

    Ya, lets go to a Karaoke bar when you're home! Good idea Cassie!

    You're pictures look great! Do you think that you could "photo shop" me in the bannana boat picture and at the beach. Well, just put me in ALL the pics!!!

    I'm glad to hear that your faith is getting even stronger. God can do amazing things when he asked, eh?

    ReplyDelete