Monday, March 21, 2011

Goodbye Block Two!

Up until Wednesday of last week, my poor Andee had been studying for almost a month straight for this set of Block 2 exams.  So to celebrate the completion of these exams, we spent the afternoon at the Marriott Beach soaking up the sun!   I have also seen a lot more of my hubby this week, and we have enjoyed some Blue Jays baseball, Shipwreck Beach, and just hanging out!  I love my husband!  Sometimes I miss him when he is right in front of me because of looming exams getting in the way!  But not this week!  This week we experienced a normal, newlywed marriage!  Well, normal for St. Kitts of course!

 

This week also involved Catherine's "25th" (again) birthday!  And in true St. Kitts fashion, the Wifeys celebrated in style!  Part One of the celebrations included some Desperate Housewives, Reggae Beach, a 600 pound pig, and tons of fun!  Oh, and Catherine is never without her camera - a must have quality for us bloggers!


Part Two of the Birthday Celebrations included Dinner at Spratnet, a cute Caribbean restaurant that is situated right along the ocean!  Jessie and I shared a "medium" vegetarian pizza (which was the size of a large), and Emily and Janae made Birthday Cupcakes just for the occasion!  It was a delicious and fun night!


On Sunday, I hosted Bible study, which was a lot of fun!  I really like having people over and cooking for them, especially when they are busy students!  I also love this Bible study - it is an amazing study of faith and belief in God, and we all had a great time learning!

Ready for an Only in St. Kitts moment?  While studying away, Andee noticed something moving on our ceiling.  Upon a closer look, he discovered that it was a tiny lizard that was hiding out in one of the grooves of the celing!  It was the cutest thing ever, and we even sniped a quick picture before returning him to his home!  So, "Only in St. Kitts!"



Countdown to Canada: 32 days!  That is just over a month!  Andee is starting Block 3 exams in a couple weeks, and then finals right after that!  A busy busy time for Andee - Thank goodness I will be here for him during finals to force feed him pie!

6 comments:

  1. here i am, commenting as proof i read the blog. :) thanks for the birthday shout-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Just read it. Great synopsis of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pics again, Diana…You seem to be the master of the “Jump up on the air, freezeframe, cool beach shot” photo.
    I do however have a couple of questions…

    1.Are those really “Cup Cakes” or is this just another meatloaf supper at the beach?

    2. What’s with the PIG!???? Is this a pet? Is it wild? Is it supper? (Sorry, this is kind of tasteless…or maybe tasty…It depends how you look at it.)

    And finally…

    3. Who is that White guy beside you at the beach. Did he just get off the plane?
    Enjoy the sun Andee!!!
    See you guys soon…

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off. I miss andee too  I guess I sort of miss my sister… but I miss andee.

    Your jumping in the air shots are perfection now.

    Secondly… wtf? A giant pig. What is going on here? Seriously?

    Little Lizzy, so cute !
    Good luck Andee on your upcoming exams, always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I really like having people over and cooking for them..."
    Great!!!!!
    I am people and I look forward to your cooking! And I will jump in the air to prove it!
    Love, Auntie Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana

    Great blogging and pictures as usual.

    I feel a little stressed and anxious about "commenting on your blog" I'll explain.... Everyone is so witty and funny, that I am feeling some amount of pressure to be equally as funny...... but I'm not funny!!!

    So here goes....

    Hey... Sparnet Beach? Why didn't we go there? It looks great.

    You're coming home in 32 days? Hmmmmmm.... I was going to surprise you with this lettle bit of news,,,,, but Dad and I are coming in 32 days for a visit. Oh well, we'll probably pass you in the St. Kitts airport. You'll be enjoying a farewell St. Kitts hot dog, and we'll be sun screening ourselves. Well I think a picture of us arriving and you leaving will be your next blog about "Only in St, Kitts!

    Wow.... and that Pig.... "Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?" Well, you're a little tight on money..... and you like cooking for people..... You do the math...... Good bye pig!

    And finally..... I'm glad you love your husband..... I only wish that mine would hury up and enroll in Med School!!!!

    See ya soon

    Love Mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete