Saturday, December 10, 2011

One "Last" Time

It is a week of "lasts", the worst feeling ever.  It seems like everything I do here in St. Kitts is the "last" time I will ever get to do it.  It is a sad time.  BUT, I'm planning on bottling up all my sad until the "last" day when I cry at the airport - YAY!

This past Sunday was the "last" Bible Study of the Semester!  All of the girls sat together, prayed for the future of everyone that was leaving the Island, and expressed such kind words about how we have all touched each others lives and how we will all be missed.  The women's Bible Study has truly been a place to be open, honest, and be comforted in all our stressed as we all work together to build each other up, as well as leaning on God for patience, peace, and understanding for our future endeavors.  I have been so blessed to have been a part of this group of ladies, and will miss everyone very much!!


On Wednesday we had out "last" Girls Night Out out at Karaoke and Club One for Jen and my Going Away Party!  It was really fun to hang out with lots of Desperate Housewives before leaving the Island!  Where else but St. Kitts will I find such awesome ladies with so much free time?  You will all be missed so much!!


Tomorrow is Sunday, and due to the fact that I have been apartment-bound for the last three days due to a mysterious flu-like illness, and Andee battling some sort of viral infection, we may have to miss our "last" Caribbean Christian Fellowship Church, where the entire church prays over everyone that is leaving the Island.  Unfortunately, "last" Sunday was the "last" time I would be singing with the Worship Team, which has been something that I will never forget!  It has been amazing being a part of such a wonderful Church and group of people that constantly and consistently praise God for their blessings, and lean on God in their struggles.  This growing group of individuals has really inspired me to come out of my shell and really participate and be an active member of a church!  What an amazing blessing the church has been to us!

If all goes well and Andee and I can start feeling better, we are planning on having one "last" beach day at Shipwreck Beach on Wednesday, the day before we leave, following Andee's "last" exam of his "last" semester on St. Kitts!  We also plan on enjoying Kitittian Indian food one "last" time with our neighbors!  Oh yeah, and some packing, I guess.  St. Kitts, you will be missed!!

Countdown - 4 days!?!?  Where has the time gone??  Very soon we will be on a plane headed home for the holidays!  One more conclusion blog, and we'll call it a memory!

2 comments:

  1. Well, this won't be the "last" time to read your blog because apparently you will have one "last" one before you leave. 4 days! Wow...feel better soon! Just thinking about what your January blog will be like...."Maine Musings" or "Playing in Portland" or "Moments in Maine" or....OK, I'll stop now. Feel free to use any one of those.
    Enjoy your last few days at that beautiful place. I feel we've all gotten to know St. Kitts a little better because of all those gorgeous photos. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas time...
    Love, AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 Days Diana...I can't wait to to have a McChicken, I mean, I can't wait to see you!

    Enjoy your last few days on the Island.

    ReplyDelete