Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Desperate Housewife During Final Exams

So it is finally here - Final Exam Week!  A week of tremendous stress and lack of sleep for students, but an exciting bonding week for the Desperate Housewives!  Since we are all fully aware of the fact that our husbands have much more important things to do than be distracted by us, we planned lots of fun outings to keep the Wifey's happy and busy!

A Desperate Housewife During Final Exams...

Mondays are for Catching up - housework, cooking, cleaning, and tending to the Hubbys, as well as some "much needed" relaxing from the previous week.  And let's get real here, sometimes we end up at the pool anyways!


Tuesdays are for Trivia.  How do you win trivia for the second time?  Triple your team size of course!  With the help of some visitors to St. Kitts, we accomplished our second win as a team.  Go Mosquitoes!


Wednesdays are for Karaoke-ing, and for the last couple of Wednesdays the girls sang their hearts out for an embarrassingly large number of songs.  And we are pretty good at it too! (at least we think so...)


Thursdays are for beaches, pools, and whatever other shenanigans we get ourselves into!  This week a few of the girls took a field trip to Calypso Pool, and then decided to engage in a lengthy photo shoot involving our best friend, 10 second timer!  For everyone's sake, I have selected only a few photos to share!


Fridays are for Fun evenings!  Last week we enjoyed watching some beach volleyball, as well as a farewell bonfire for a friend that was leaving the island.  Lots of smores, hotdogs, beaches, and friends made for a very fun St. Kitts style evening!


Saturdays are for Families and Fun!  Yesterday we celebrated Brody's 2nd birthday by spending the day at the beach!  There were brownies, popcorn, and even a pinata for the kids!  A great way to spend a Saturday!


That evening, we celebrated in style for Kristen's Farewell Party.  We got all dressed up, went to a fancy restaurant, and celebrated 16 months of Kristen!  Oh Kristen, how you will be missed!


Sundays are for Church, Pools, and Bible Studies!  Last week and again today, the DH's will spend the afternoon relaxing at the pool!  Every day is a beautiful day when you live on an island!


Countdown:  Only 5 days left!  A mere 3 Final Exams stand in the way of some much needed Diana and Andee Island and Canada time!  "I'll have a McChicken Meal with coke, and some extra McChicken sauce please........"

9 comments:

  1. Dear Diana

    Great Blog as usual....

    For my fellow commenters...... Cassie and Dave

    Cassie and Dave
    It’s totally true
    That today I beat
    The both of you

    For Diana’s blog
    I was the first one
    Boy, this sure is
    Sooooo much fun

    Actually, you could say
    That I beat you at your own game
    Now things around our house
    Will never be the same

    Dad’s so competitive
    As most of you know
    But I sure showed him
    How fast I can go

    But truth be told
    I just like to say
    That “commenting” first on Diana’s wall
    Sure makes my day

    So the moral of the story
    It sure is a doser
    I can now say
    That you’re a big loser

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you Dave and Cassie??

    Now a second comment....

    Nice pictures Diana....

    The pic of you jumping is fantastic!!!

    I loved the Canada and American flog pic too!!!!

    The pictures of ALL the girls in the pool is priceless!!!!

    Good-bye Kristen!!!! You will sure be missed by Diana!!!

    McDonalds..... here we come!!!

    Love Mom (can't wait to see you)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rkz50my3Ca4/TadSYuSZkQI/AAAAAAAAAco/Gu1OFYGu9CA/s320/215216_10150158703775872_593230871_7216374_1526656_n.jpg

    the water in this picture blends in to the water in the background. it briefly looked like you were floating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mondays! “catching up” haha good one.

    Tuesday… Go Mosquitoes!!!! I wish I could come and be the MVP of that week!

    Wednesday.. Karaoke-ing,…. I really want to do that with you guys. I’d do a little Britney.. maybe so old time rock and roll?
    Ps. Nice leopard shirt.. I like

    Thursday.. I want to get myself into some DH shenanigans… and I don’t mean dental hygiene  Those are some amazing photos with the 10 second timer. God bless the ten second timer. You are AMAZING at the in the air jump shots

    Friday. Smores and hot dogs… that is the way to my heart. I need to be there to eat those. BBQ season is almost here1  yum.. Its Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday.. that’s what I always say

    Saturday! HBD Brody and bye bye Kristen!  I wanted to meet you 

    Sunday. CHURCH day! A little relazing  that is what im doing today!

    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    FIVE FIVE FIVE FIVE
    DAYS TIL YOUR ARE HOME.
    MCDMCDMCDMCDMCDMCDMCDMCD

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Diana, more spectacular pictures. I especially love the Calypso pool shots. It looks like your actually standing on the ocean. It’s like a shot from Champagne wishes and Caviar dreams.
    A second win at Trivia, Outstanding…You definitely have my genes. LOL

    I love your line “Everyday is a good day when you live on an Island”
    Up here we have a similar saying, it goes like this
    “Everyday is a good day when you live close to a McDonalds” Yum, Yum, Yum.

    I will pray for Andee’s last 3 exams. I know he will do fine.

    Just 5 days to go, I can hardly wait….

    P.S.

    I am craving “Lattus Fries” at Shoeless Joe’s. How about you?????

    P.S.S.
    Janis…This is WAR!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, you'll have to do something about the Canadian Flag being below the American

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What an amazing poem from this person who calls herself "Janis"

    I loved the poem almost as much as the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great blog, miss thang. i approve!

    ReplyDelete