Monday, September 20, 2010

Quick School Update

Hey so it's Andee, back from my post hurricane hiatus. I apologize for the lack of bloggage on my part, I've been a bit busy and still am, and will be for the next oh... 4-6 years, but I'm handling that just fine. I'll try to keep this short and sweet so I can get back to the books, so I'll have to sacrifice some of my typical jaunty tone.

Despite waking up at 6am every morning, I'm still excited about each day of school. The work load is heavy, the best way I've heard to describe it is from my new friend Will who told me learning the information is like trying to take a drink from a fire hydrant. This semester I have Cell Bio, Histology and Gross Anatomy (by far the highest in volume of information). Anatomy lab has been very exciting and interesting. Working with our cadaver; though difficult because of her age and diminished health late in life has been a great experience. We have dissected the muscles of the back and front, we've performed a laminectomy (removing the back half of the vertebra to access the spinal cord), we've removed the front of the rib cage, and exposed/ removed the lungs. Tomorrow my group gets to remove and dissect the heart (which I'm very excited about).

I will end by saying that Diana and I experienced our first and very anticipated wild monkey encounter. I'll let her blog about that later. One more quick thing...I know quite a few of you read this out there on the Information Superhighway, please become a follower. We already have 12 which is nice, but the more we have the higher our self-esteem will be.

1 comment:

  1. 1) I like this "Will" character already..he sounds clever.
    2) I almost threw up with your description of what you've dissected..maybe you should put an explicit content warning! Lol.

    ReplyDelete