Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Andee!

Diana again,

In regards to Andee's last post, UMHS has wicked AC and so it is essential to dress warmer.  For the rest of the island, bathing suits, shorts, tank tops, and dresses are certainly weather appropriate!

For Andee, most of this week has consisted of studying, studying, and more studying, with little breaks to hang out with me!  Anatomy, cell bio, and histology allows for very limited beach time!  Andee and the rest of the first semester students have their written and lab components of their block exam for Anatomy on Monday, which makes Andee's birthday quite mild and somewhat uneventful (unless anatomy of the thorax excites you...)
I got Andee a snorkel set, a necklace, and a baseball key chain for his birthday, which is about the best one can do without a car and with primarily tourist shops at Port!
Andee did have time to enjoy a St. Kitts style birthday dessert, which is a microwave chocolate chip cookie cake with chocolate frosting!  (A lack of oven has made cake-making impossible...but don't worry, it had candles!)  And a very happy block-exam-birthday was had by all!

Worst looking cake ever...we need an oven!
For myself, most of this week consisted of pools, beaches, skype, and dentists!

Monday was St. Kitts Independence Day, and so all of the students had the day off!  Andee and I did find time to do a little snorkeling (ok fine, I gave him the snorkel set early...) right outside of our apartment!  Andee spotted 2 jellyfish, and we both discovered lots of different kinds of fish and coral!  It was not as colorful and creative as if you went to an actual snorkeling location, but for right outside of our apartment, it was pretty good!


Tuesday and Wednesday were spent by the pool and beach, as well as random housework (desperate housewife...) and Thursday was the ever-popular spouses pool day!  This type of post shall be a regular occurrence on this blog!

On Friday, my new friend Abby and I took the Ferry to Nevis for the morning!  The reasoning was two-fold; the obvious being to explore Nevis, and the other for me to go to a job interview!


I had called some dental offices in St. Kitts and Nevis, and found an office that may be able to have me volunteer as a Dental Assistant, Receptionist, and possibly Hygienist 3 mornings a week in Nevis!  What a neat experience, and an excellent addition to my resume!  If all pans out, I would be starting in January.  Please pray for this possibility, as it would give me some great experience as well as something to do!

Abby and I were also taken on an Island Tour by the Dentist, and learned a lot about another part of the country of St. Kitts and Nevis!  It is a very pretty yet small island, and it was a lot of fun exploring!  We also went to a very cute restaurant and food market close by to the ferry, which I will definitely be attending regularly if this job prospective pans out!


Tomorrow I am going to church, and if they ever do get us a second key for our apartment, I will hopefully be able to join the worship team!

Well, that is all for now, I hope everyone is enjoying the gorgeous high-of 12 degree weather in Canada this weekend! <3

1 comment: