Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer in Canada!!!

Canada!!  It is so great to be back!!  The weather has been great, and so has the company!  Let's recap the insanity of our current living situations!  Andee and I have been bouncing back and forth between 4 homes; my parent's house, Andee's parent's house, Andee's parent's trailer, and my parent's cottage, which, fortunately, are all within 2 hours of each other!  Along with trying to organize our life between the 4 homes, Andee and I have been trying our best to spend some quality time with family and friends, while also trying to create optimal study conditions for Andee.  Phew!  Instead of hectic and confusing, Andee and I are treating this as a blessing that we don't just have 1 home, but 4 homes to choose from!  And with built in company!  God is good!!

The first day back, Cassie and I last minute attended a Church volunteer appreciation carnival at our home church, Carruthers Creek Community Church (C4)!  There was a ridiculous storm going on outside, with all the traffic lights out on the way there, and no power when we arrived at the church!  Thinking that the bouncy castles, popcorn machine, cotton candy, and the ability to see anything were not going to happen, the "magic" act managed to make their way to the church!  Coincidentally, Just as the magician was being introduced, the power came back on!  It was "magic!"  We were all very happy that God allowed us to enjoy all of the festivities as planned, and we had a great time!


Andee and I have been spending most of our weekdays at the trailer, where Andee can study with the least amount of distractions!  While Andee has been studying, I have been enjoying the beautiful weather, including the beach and lake, wildlife, and nature walks!  Andee even joined me for a walk!


I have also spent some time at my family's cottage while Andee has been studying!  The weather has been absolutely beautiful, and we spent a lot of time in the sun!  We also played our favourite card game, Euchre, and of course, were very humble winners!


I was also able to celebrate our good friend Arielle's 23rd birthday and celebration of finishing her University schooling!  It was a surprise, and her reaction was definitely the best ever!!  It was great to see friends that we haven't seen in a while, and catch up with their lives!  We enjoyed pizza, cake, and lots of fun with our friends!!  


More and more sunny Canadian summer days followed, and my cousin Nick and I rediscovered the beautiful scenery and nature trails of Lake Ontario!  My parent's house is only a 10 minute walk from the Great Lake, and it was such a clear day that we could faintly see the outline of the CN Tower from our vantage point!  So pretty!!


Today, another beautiful sunny day, Cassie and I went to Lynde Shores Conservation Area to see all of the cute and amazing nature and wildlife!  We fed chipmunks, squirrels, blackbirds, ducks, Canada Geese, and even had Blue Jays taking peanuts right out of our hands!  It was so cute and fun!


So, after these last couple weeks, it has been concluded that Canadian Summer's are simply amazing!  With the big city, suburbs, and cottage country all within a couple hours of each other, and with beautiful sunny warm weather without being overwhelmingly hot (for me), it is the perfect place for us to spend our summer this year!  I am so glad that our schedule lined up the way it did, so that Andee and I can enjoy Canada during the best months of the year!

Andee has only a few more weeks before he takes the USMLE Step 1, and he has been preparing for it for a while!  Please pray for Andee during this important time!  If you need us, we will be enjoying Canada!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah...I can't beleive it...I am the first. Where is Cass,Auntie Anne, Janis???

    Neat to have our home country in a Blog...I feel famous!

    More beautiful Canadian summer to come!

    OHLA

    ReplyDelete