Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthdays and Goodbyes

In the past couple of months, I'm pretty sure that I have attended more toddler birthday parties than I have in my entire adult life!  Strange?  Even more so that I have enjoyed every one!  It turns out that, contrary to my past beliefs, kids really aren't little monsters waiting to annoy me.  It turns out that I might actially like *gasp* hanging out with them!  CRAZY!  Andee couldn't be happier with my new outlook on children, and I'm pretty sure God is softening my heart towards kids to pave the way for the (distant) future in which Andee and I may want to have our own.  Don't believe me?  I don't blame you!  You will just have to see it for yourself!

On the weekend, Andee and I attended a birthday party for our neighbor Cortney, who turned four!  A pool party of course, filled with lots of hot dogs, kiddos, cupcakes, and friends!  A great morning indeed!



It is getting to that time again, the time when we must say goodbye to those whose St. Kitts adventure has come to a close.  Although it is difficult to say goodbye, it is encouraging to know that these people are onto the next step of their journey, and that they will be able to enjoy McDonalds anytime they choose!  Haha!  Next semester will be my and Andee's last on the Island, and I will most likely go through a season of mourning for the friends that I have made that I will miss terribly.  And also for the gorgeous year round tropical weather!  But until then, I am both saddened and excited for those that are moving on, and hope for them a smooth transition into the future!

On Saturday, we celebrated a good friend Karen and her son Issiah, as they leave the Island in just over a week.  It was sad to say goodbye, but exciting to see God work in her life as she takes the next step on her journey.  Karen, you will be missed!


Canada Countdown:  10 days! 

We are so excited for all the fun activities we have planned for our two week vacation, and to engage in these activities with our family and friends!  It has been a long time since we have seen our Canadian loves, (ok, so it has only been three and a half months, but that still feels like a long time) and we are so looking forward to seeing them!  I hope I will not be disappointed in expecting an embarrassing/amazing airport greeting! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm getting a bit nervous with your new found love of children. The island must be getting really boring.

    Have fun in Canada!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana;

    I am too young to be a Grampa....

    As far as kids being little monsters...No way. You were once a kid.
    Look how fantastic you turned out!

    See U soon...

    Love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would like to second janae's comment. weird that your new found "liking" for children comes after our three boys left the island. ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. An embarrassing/amazing airport greeting? Of course..... we have to keep the "traditions" going eh?

    I sencond what Dad says..... I am too young to be a grandma..... even though I'll be an awesome one!!!! Kids are only "little monsters" when you have them at the right time!!!!

    We went to My Big Fat Greek Buffet again..... we had to..... we were picking up Grandma and Grandpa up at the airport (Dad made me) Then Grandma and Grandpa were so hungrey when they got off the place...... that we "had" to go to Swiss Chalet with them. (The twisted my arm)

    Can't wait to witness for myself your new found love/like for kids when you come home. Funny.... you started liking kids AFTER I retired from home day-care!!!!!

    No kids at the house when you come home this time!!!!! yeah!!!!!

    Just heading for a swim in Cameron Lake. It's not as nice at the Atlantic Ocern.... but it will have to do until OCTOBER!!!!

    ttyle

    Love mom xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toronto Pearson airport has banned all "amazing/embarrassing" airport greetings in the interest of airport security. So unfortunately your parents will be reduced to showing up as their normal, ordinary selves.

    Oh, wait......never mind.

    8 more days 'till you trade the ocean for the lake! Yay Canada!

    ReplyDelete