Saturday, July 23, 2011

Neighbors

Neighbors are great!  Especially when they become your instant friends because no one has a job.  Especially when they are Kittitian American and Kittitian Canadian and can easily adapt to the Island living lifestyle of lazy summer days and lazy customer service.  Especially when they live 5 seconds away and are available at any time to socialize when the husbands are hard at work studying.  And yes, even when they move away and watch me leave crying on the way to the airport.  But mostly, neighbors are great because they let me take 10-second timer pictures so that I can write a blog about them!  Enjoy!

This week the neighbors and I enjoyed some wonderful pool and beach time soaking up the sun and playing with the Kiddos!  Our backyard pool and the Marriott beach are a few popular hangouts for the residents of the Crackhouses!


What else are neighbors great for?  Fixing cars of course!  Our Med Student/Mechanic neighbor as well as Andee were able to help us this week working on our car Jamal in between their busy studying schedule!  What can I say, neighbors are great!


Today was a special day for one of our neighbors!  One of the tiniest neighbors we have, little Aliosha turned two this week, and today we celebrated her birthday!   Cupcakes, snacks, and lots of great company led to a great St. Kitts birthday!  When family isn't on Island to participate in the celebrations, neighbors make for great guests for a great party!


And lets not forget our neighbors down the street and a short car ride away.  Heck, St. Kitts is so small that is seems like everyone is our neighbor!  Oh St. Kitts, how I love you!


In other news, Hope and I organized a "Mexican Fiesta" Bible Study for the girls of Caribbean Christian Fellowship.  After almost an entire day of cooking, the food was quite a hit!  Who doesn't love hot, flavorful food smothered with cheese!?


In UMHS news, on Monday Andee wrote his Microbiology Final, and ended up receiving a 100% in the course!  PTL!  He started another short course the following day, and will be finishing up with the semester in under a month!

To be a little more specific, our arrival in Canada is a mere 26 days away!  PTL again!

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be included in this post even though I'm one of the "neighbors" who lives a short car ride away. It'd be so much easier if I was a Crackhouse resident! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.... the life of a "Desperate Housewife" I wish I was there...... wait a minute..... I will be there in October!!
    Mexican Fiesta? That sounds fun!!!!

    I hope Jamal is feeling better and is back in action soon. Thank you mechanic!!! Jimmy... thanks

    I wish I could have attended The party at Sobey.... the picture you posted looks amazing!!!

    Good job Andee on getting 100 percent on that course!!!! Amazing!!!!

    The beach pics never cease to impress me.

    26 days Wow Wee. Be prepared for a special welcome at the airport. Andee may want to come out separate from you. lol

    Love you..... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diannnnnnnna!!!! You are turning into an American!!! You left the "u" out of "Flavorful"!!!!!! And hey, now that I read Catherine's comment..."Neighbors" should be "Neighbours"!!! Agh!!!! You are a Canadian!!!!! And you have good NEIGHBOURS who love FLAVOURFUL food and are turning a nice, brown COLOUR!!! Sheesh!
    Love, Auntie Anne :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spell check likes the American spellings!! I am not at fault!! haha

    ReplyDelete